Wednesday, May 28, 2008

Illinois to Iowa

I finally got to see my sister's pregnant tummy this past weekend. Finally. It was the first, and only time that I'll get to see her pregnant with my first nephew and that makes me sad. I'm already wishing i was back in Iowa so i could spend more time with her and everyone else. Even though it went really fast, the long weekend with family and friends was spectacular.

That was the first time since moving to chicago (exactly TWO years ago this past monday!!) that I drove to Iowa instead of flying. And let me tell you, that 9 hour drive is just as long as I remember it being. Thankfully I didn't have to make it alone, Becca's company made it a great roadtrip. I even mixed us a soundtrack for the occasion (which we probably listened to 11 times) :P

The drive was really pretty, especially crossing the Wisconsin/Minnesota border:

No comments: