Wednesday, September 3, 2008

interesting commute.

I waited for the bus for 25 minutes this morning, which is an unusually long time to wait, especially during rush hour.

Since the number of people waiting for the bus compounds every minute a bus fails to appear, the final tally of people who swarmed the door was comparable in size and fervor to the group of people protesting the republican national convention last night.

Pretty intense.

When I finally got my turn to step on the bus, it was already standing room only, which was fine by me since I had a good view of the lake and the constantly changing landscape of cars riding next to the bus.

One driver was texting with BOTH hands and steering with her knee.

Then a very expensive looking Mercedes SUV pulled up and the attractive young man driving was. rocking. out. Complete with head banging, lip-syncing, and full-on-two-handed-air-drumming (don't forget the cymbal crash). What struck me as the most comical was the beautiful young lady sitting next to him looking unamused, annoyed, and very tired. Poor girl.

In the back seat of an upcoming subaru sat a teenager (looked to be around 13) reading the Wall Street Journal, while his intelligent looking parents sat up front having a very heated discussion.

The next car contained a lady talking into her bluetooth headset while animatedly flailing both her arms about. So much for a hands-free device I guess.

Make-up applying, coffee drinking, cell phone talking, radio adjusting, head banging commuters....and that doesn't even include the people on my bus.

No comments: