Monday, January 19, 2009

DC

i love productive days off. laundry, cleaning, errands, freelance, cooking...blogging (finally) :) Things seem to have settled down a bit since the holidays and it's good to be able to catch up on some things that were neglected.

and hey, tomorrow is inauguration! woohoo! I won't be attending the festivities in DC, but I was able to check out the scene at the National Mall last weekend while visiting John. The Capitol's west lawn was being prepared for the millions of people who will be attending this year's swearing-in ceremony and inaugural address. I've never seen so many lawn chairs!



While in DC we also checked out a few museums: The National Gallery of Art, The National Museum of the American Indian and the Air and Space Museum. The National Gallery was my favorite on this trip (both the East and West buildings are phenomenal) but the National Museum of the American Indian was beautiful in it's own way. I felt the architecture of the actual museum out-shined the display of the artifacts. (I'm having some troubles posting more pictures, I'll try again later.)

I got some really exciting news last week from my boss. This spring I'll be attending the American Association of Museums annual conference in Philadelphia! I'm very excited about it. Museum exhibitors, designers, curators, and administrators from across North America gather for this event every year and this will by my first year attending. Lots of great minds and ideas to share and be shared. I can't wait.

No comments: