Sunday, June 24, 2007

i'm sick, but i'll survive

The past couple of days i've been sick. I'm still recovering from strep throat, though I'm feeling much better than i was last week. Wednesday afternoon i went to the doctor who wrote me a prescription, I then took Thursday and Friday off from work. I haven't been stay-at-home-sick in a long time, probably not since i was in high school and it's a lot different when you're home missing work instead of school. It's not as thrilling this time around. especially because my mom wasn't around to baby me and feel sorry for me!

Other than being sick, things have been going pretty well. A couple weeks ago i went to a Mandy Moore concert on a complete random whim and last night we saw an 80's cover band which was totally dope (my attempt at 80's lingo). seriously though, those guys completely rocked out. They played songs like Jessie's Girl, Centerfold, Journey, Summer of '69, I Think We're Alone Now and lots more that i can't remember. sixteencandlesband.com. It was righteous, wicked, way cool, gnarly, totally tubular, cool beans...wow. :S

And since i'm on the music stream. I just picked up a couple new albums from wreckless records down the street. Kevin Devine and Mates of State. Both are excellent. Thanks, Megan for recommending Mates to me!

Oh, fantastic news...the church banners are done. They're hanging up and look pretty good if you ask me. I haven't taken any pictures yet, but when I do I'll try post them here.

I'm ready to go back to work tomorrow. I think i've had enough recovery time, and i'm ready to get out of my apartment for an extended length of time.

But one more thing before I go....as a follow up on my previous post. I found a birthday card for my sister. I didn't end up making her one as i thought i would have to, i actually found a really good one for her and I hope it made her smile.

Ok. thats all. cheers!

No comments: