Wednesday, July 25, 2007

This needs a title, I'm aware of that

I heart chicago. I realize that just yesterday i said i left my heart in seattle, but in a matter of 24 hours I decided that i heart chicago again. It was touch-and-go there for a second, but i had a fabulous day at work today and I'm ok with being back in chi-town.

today at work: design preview for new temporary exhibit, Aztecs. (actually, that's not the real name of the exhibit, it's so early in the exhibit creation process that it doesn't have a name yet). Anyway, the design preview went spendidly, even though we were anticipating it to go not so spendidly. We got rave reviews from the directors and such, so at least we're on the right track. Definitely a lot of tweaking and fine-tuning ahead, but it's nice to know our hard work so far has not been in vain.

I also have a few other smaller projects on my plate which is fun cuz it fills in the cracks of time in my day.

I'm getting a new digital camera! I just realized that it was supposed to come today and it didn't....hmmm....better check that out. I guess that's why they give you tracking numbers. Anyway, I'm getting a new camera because I dropped my other one on the dock in Okoboji a few weeks ago and even though it was in it's protective caccoon of a case, the screen broke and was completely useless. It still took pictures, but I just had to use the old-skool view finder, which wasn't acceptable.

My new listening pleasure: The Kooks

A photo for you in honor of my heart being returned to Chicago:

No comments: