Monday, March 10, 2008

weird dreams

I gotta say, lately i've been having some really bizarre dreams. They're so vivid in my mind that, even though I'm dreaming I'm still aware of all five of my senses. Not only have i seen and heard things in my dreams i've also tasted spaghetti, felt pain when i burned my hand, and smelled rotting food in an abandoned home. Oh, and another thing that makes my dreams so weird? are the people in them! Old neighbors, classmates i haven't seen in years, the ceo of the museum, celebrities like Tom Hanks and George Clooney, my sisters, friends, old pets (who, in my dreams, can talk)....yeah, too strange.

It sometimes takes 30 minutes or more for me to convince myself that the events in my dream didn't actually happen. Like jumping from a decrepit bridge to save my drowning old neighbor? yeah, didn't happen. or chasing tornados in my home town with the president of the field museum? nope. or uncovering an unsolved murder mystery by exploring abandoned houses floating in the middle of the ocean? definitely didn't happen. (but...that one took the most convincing of all of them.) I've cooked spaghetti dinners with grade school classmates (in a grocery store) and even hunted for ghosts with George Clooney and a talking cat, Fluffy!

No wonder i'm so tired lately. My crazy adventures are keeping me up all night!

2 comments:

Becca said...

woa. you didn't tell me we solved a murder mystery. did you?

sarah said...

we didn't solve it. we just discovered it.