Monday, August 10, 2009

I have a lot to report.

I survived camping in Kentucky. JZ and I had a great time and thankfully, very nice weather. Only a few raindrops during the night. Also, Mammoth Caves are pretty awesome. I recommend them.


My apartment is officially warm! Not temperature wise necessarily (more on that later), but amongst friends. I held my first apartment party at my new place this past Friday. It was a full house, but oh so
wonderful. Thanks to everyone who came out!

Remember way back in February, when I said I wanted this for my birthday? Well, I bought it yesterday and it's beautiful. It's also larger than both my TV and my freezer door. sweet.

Chicago finally had a couple of real-hott-humid days this past weekend. I think the high was somewhere around 95 both Saturday and Sunday. Not a big deal you say? well, it was. Our summer has been non-existent this year which undermines the defense most Chicagoans give during the winter when we're asked why we live here. "Because of the Summer", we say. Well, now we'll have to say, "Because of the relatively short spring that leads to fall!" :P

Interestingly enough, Seattle has had quite the unusual summer as well, but in the opposite way. Following an incredibly hot streak, on Wednesday, July 29, Seattle recorded it's hottest temperature ever. 103 degrees. And I happened to be there for work on that very day. Quite the warm welcome.

Lila has lost weight! I took her to the vet on Saturday for her rabies and distemper vaccine, and she dropped about 1.5 pounds since last Christmas! Woohoo! She's down to 11.7! She sure is a nice cat, even though she's a little husky. Here's a semi-recent picture of her

No comments: