Saturday, May 1, 2010

mayday



I had such a wonderful day today. I think my body knew that it was the first day of May because I was up at 7:30am this morning (feeling great). This led to a crazy productive day.

Before 11:30am, I....

• cleaned my apartment (yep. cleaned. at 7:30 am)
• had breakfast
• installed my air-conditioner
• showered
• read the headlines (and a few articles. can you believe what's going on in the gulf right now?? it's disgusting and sad)
• went to the bank
• went to a rummage sale
• went to another rummage sale
• got groceries (fresh fruit and cheese. mmmm)
• snuggled with my cat
• made lunch.

The time is now 11:30am, and I need a nap.

The day was so great! I've been feeling pretty lethargic lately so it was nice to get out and make a great saturday for myself.

I scored the cutest picnic basket at one of the rummage sales today:


I can't wait to take him out for a spin. Hopefully several spins this summer.

Speaking of this summer. JZ completes his first year at Law School this coming week, after which he'll be coming back here to Chicago for a summer internship! Yay! The long distance thing has had it's ups and downs, and while I'm 99% excited to have him back in the city, I'm also a little nervous about the adjustment. Mostly though, I'm looking forward to the time we can spend together (having picnics!)

(picture at the top: i made those strings of pendant flags for myself. They make me happy)

1 comment:

Becca said...

go you!!!