Wednesday, April 29, 2009

AAM Conference


Pretty excited about tomorrow. I'm flying out to Philadelphia to attend the American Association of Museums' annual conference. Not only will I be spending time with 5,000+ museum professionals from around the nation, but I'll also get to spend some time wandering around a historic city! Philly, the city of LOVE. Since I've never been there before, I've requested a list of 'must-sees' from friends and strangers. This list includes places like the Philadelphia Museum of Art, the Mutter Museum, Giana's Pizza and Grille, Independence Park, Christ Church and Burial Ground, and Eastern State Penitentiary. I also came across a Philly design guide courtesy of Design Sponge. I'd love to have time to check out some of those local spots, because, is it true? There are NO taxes on clothes or shoes in Philly?? Maybe I better bring an extra suitcase...

2 comments:

Unknown said...

hoe you are having a good time and seeing lots of neat places. love you see you soon. mom

Anonymous said...

very cool, have a good time!