Saturday, June 24, 2006

Happy Saturday everyone. I went for a run this morning and it is absolutely beautiful outside. Later this afternoon I think I'm going to a beach volleyball tournament with Rachel, Becky, and Becky's little sister, Cathy. Should be a perfect day for it. Hmm... what else is new. I opened a new checking account last weekend and just deposited my first full paycheck from the Field Museum into it. Feels pretty dang good to have a paycheck, especially after spending so much money on finding an apartment a few weeks ago. Of course, the paycheck could always be a bit bigger, I definitely wouldn't mind. I'm not used to living paycheck to paycheck, so these first few months could take some getting used to. Things cost so much here, and the paycheck will get spent so quickly! I think ya'll back home would be pretty impressed with my ability to be a tight-ass. It sucks most of the time especially since there are so many fun looking restuarants and bars in my neighborhood, and it's natural for people to socialize over a meal out or some coffee from starbucks. Oh well, hopefully in the future when my finances level off a little more normally, I'll be able to treat myself to a new pair of shoes or jeans once in a while.

Big news though! My sister Becky and friend jess K from home are coming to visit next weekend. They're going to have to help me move to my new apartment, but hopefully that won't take too long....and we can enjoy the rest of the weekend like normal. I'm SOO excited to see them and catch up. Then the following weekend I'll be flying home for heather Kroeze's wedding, so I'll get to see more familiar faces. can't wait. I have the opportunity to be Heather's candid photographer at her wedding, which I'm also excited about.

Well, I'm gunna hit the shower, then set out to find becky and Rachel for the volleyball entertainment.

No comments: