Monday, June 19, 2006

Well now, that was a nice little vaca from posting! Actually I don't think that could be considered a vacation since I barely started and it's been over 6 months :S

A ton, ton, TON has been going on in my life lately, predominately the fact that I've left 'lil old Sioux Center and moved to Chicago. I've been here just over three weeks, and am still adjusting to the city life. Things were pretty rough the first couple weeks trying to find an apartment, and getting TOTALLY freaked out about how much things cost. Thankfully, I have some really great friends here who have been really super supportive, not to mention my family and friends back home. I miss everyone so much, but I can't wait for people to come visit. Right now I'm sub-leasing an apartment for the month of June. Come July 1 I'll be moving to a different place, which I'll call home for a year. So needless to say, it's been a hard adjustment moving here, and then I have to move again! Oh well. Thankfully my sisters will be coming to visit that weekend to help me move. It's also Taste of Chicago that weekend, so there will be PLENTY of things to do....mostly eat I guess, but there's always something going on.

My job at the Field Museum has been going really well. As most of you know, I interned there a year ago when I was on the Chicago Semester program, and they offered me a real job for after graduation! I really liked interning there and living in the city, so I thought I'd give it a chance. Things have been much different from when I interned though. Being in the city has been harder, but the job has been better. Right now I'm working on an exhibit called the Ancient Americas, doing graphic design. The exhibit opens next spring, and when it's all finished, I'll have to find a new job, My contract is good only for a year, since they hired me solely to work on this project. So in a year, I'll have to decide if I want to continue living in the city or move elsewhere. It really depends on where I can find a job.

Well, that's all for now, I promise I'll do a better job of updating the posts in the future.

No comments: