Wednesday, June 28, 2006

312 will pay for this...

So i get home from work today, hang out for a while, dink around on the internet, make some dinner and then decide to go for a run. As I reach for some socks, I notice a puddle of water in the middle of my closet floor. Hmmm....wonder where that came from. I pick up the flip flops that were near the puddle thinking for some reason that the flip flops were causing the problem. But, no, the flip flops are not leaking any water, but they are definitely soaked. I begin noticing other things in my closet that are wet as well....my hamper, my bag of underwear (i don't have a dresser yet), boxes of books, miscellaneous shoes on the floor, my new ironing board (which I haven't even used yet!), more boxes, and you get the point. everything in my closet was wet. the ceiling isn't wet, so i don't know where all this water came from...then I checked my bathroom, which is adjacent to my closet. My bathroom rug was absolutely drenched, and there is a puddle of water on the TOP of my toilet seat. the floor tiles were were even dyed blue from the rug being so wet and bleeding the color. It was a disaster. I looked to the ceiling and notice a few drops of water hanging from my heat lamp...and I think to my self.....312 is going to pay for this. They're the apartment directly above me, and it's the only logical explanation to why i'm standing in pudddles in my closet and bathroom. So I called maintenance. Since there are no drops currently falling from the ceiling, he decided that 312 must have 'experienced a flood' and didn't think there was anything wrong with the pipes. But just to be sure, he's going to send the engineer to take a look TOMORROW morning. ugh. it's so nasty.

So right now, I'm washing every piece of clothing that was in the general vicinity, and waiting for all my boxes to dry out. It smells like wet cardboard in here. Normally I would just throw the boxes away, but I'm moving in 2 days and need something to carry all my stuff in.

Needless to say, I missed my run...

But i have something to add to my "why this apartment sucks" list (see previous post). i didn't use the term 'sucks' before, but after today's incident, I think it's more than appropriate.

#6 reason why this apartment sucks:
312 lives above me (I live on the top floor in my next apartment)
#7: this apartment smells like wet cardboard.
did I mention there are no screens on my windows??

Oh, and I'm begining to think that not a single person is reading my blog, so if you are reading this, could you leave some sort of comment just to acknowledge that you read this? Even if you have no clue who I am....please, show me some love!

3 comments:

Sarah said...

You should have pounded on the door of 312 and let them have it! Haha! It's good to keep up with you. I do enjoy reading about everything. I'm going to try to call in the next week or so because I hope to have some good news about my housing situation by then. Keep on plugging away!

Becca said...

ick! good thing you moved! speaking of...how did it go? are you all settled?

deanne said...

Where did you move? I did not know you moved?
Had a great time with our family in Lake of the Ozarks. Raelynn ended up in the Osage hospital from dehydration and pneumonia.
Had t shirts with Van Zee family printed on the front and a tree for family tree on the back with all of our names. Purple for Lynette's family, navy for Michael's family, burnt orange for Brian's and saphire for Erics. Ours were yellow and we celebrated our 45th anniversary there. Had pictures taken and will share these later.
Went to Faith's yesterday and saw Becky and Noam there. He is really growing. (CUTE)
Deanne