Sunday, July 2, 2006

the craziness that is

well, the move went fabulously. thanks to a huge group effort and a lot of sweat. 4 flights of stairs is no small feat, and I'm very grateful to all who helped. so....thanks Becky and Jess, Rachel and Becky H, and the Carpenter family. words can't even express how thankful I am to you!

Becky and Jess left sunday afternoon, after a great weekend. Even though we spent friday night moving all my stuff, we had a great time hanging out, being tourists on saturday at the craziness called Navy Pier, shopping on Michigan Ave and State St., and laying out at the beach on Sunday (even though it was sprinkling off-and-on and there was a total of about 5 minutes of actual sunshine, we made the most of it!) I had my first experience at the American Girl store this weekend (thanks Jess!) :P What craziness! I don't know how many of you are familiar with The American Girl Store.....but what I saw this weekend was nauseating. Some little girls are incredibly spoiled, and they have no idea. I don't know what was worse, the level of spoiled-ness of the girls, or the adults who work in the store's doll beauty salon and hospital. It's sort of ridiculous to see adults brushing doll's hair and getting paid for it. That's just my opinion....not worth much in the minds of the American Girl Store business executives. They're making millions!!

Work today was like a ghost town, being the day between the weekend and a holiday. I, however, cannot afford to take time off, so I was there with 2 other co-workers (out of about 30!) It was a very good day for museum business though. So many tourists! I'm thankful I was up on the 4th floor away from all the commotion.

Oh....my apartment is so nice!! I've fallen in love with it! I'll post some pics when i get everything hung up on the walls. It's a beauty, with a much better view than the previous apartment. ok, i'm gunna grab some dinner. cereal sounds nice and easy!

1 comment:

Rob Haan said...

I know this was a few days ago but you got to see Yoyo Ma? That's frickin awesome. I have two of his cds. He's my hero. Cello is the best instrument ever. Sounds like you're liking it there. That is good. I'm pretty jealous.