Tuesday, July 11, 2006

ok all you blognivores

Not quite where to start on this one. It's been almost 2 weeks since my last decent post and so much has happened since then. I guess I'll start with the thing that's freshest on my memory, and that is my flight back to Chicago from Omaha. As many of you know, I was home this past weekend for heather Kroeze's wedding (more on that later) and I flew in and out of Omaha. Well, Monday night, my flight was supposed to leave promtly at 7pm, giving me an ETA of 8:20ish to Midway. Jill lovingly drove me to Omaha and dropped me off around 5:30, plenty of time before the flight. I went to the gate, not having to check any luggage saves a lot of time, so I was there around 5:45. Sat down and waited. Around 6:45 we started boarding. Pretty sure everyone was on the plane, settled down and buckled it when they announced that we all had to de-plane because of maintenance issues. Didn't find out til about 7:50 that the plane was not fixable and that we would have to wait til 10 until there would be another plane available to take our broken plane's spot. humpgh. so, we waited. I finished a book and a whole magazine before 10:10 when our flight finally departed. We arrived at Midway at 11:15, and I finally got back to my apartment at 1am. It was ridiculous. If you figure in the time it took to drive to Omaha, that trip took me 9.5 hours :P

I was only a half hour late to work this morning.

Despite the crappy end, I had a great little visit to SC. There really is far to much to talk about so I'll list a few of the highlights:
1. seeing Heather get married, and being a part of the big day as the candid photographer and personal attendant. I took 6 rolls of film!
2. Spending some incredible quality time with Jill....ok, and Joe....ok, AND Elizabeth!! A few things come to mind: Burger King, the car behind us at burger king, the guy in the car behind us at burger king, Room 231, 57 Chevy with Blue Hawaiian Plates, the claw, Wal-Mart, Hillbilly Teeth, no teeth at all, highschool basketball tournament, the alligator, Hokey Pokey, Chicken Dance, and every other wedding dance that should be banned!
3. The amazing clouds on the flight home
4. Eating Wells Blue Bunny Ice Cream in LeMars with Dani instead of going for a walk. haha....it was far too hot outside!
5. Randomly running into Lauralee Stel at the Bakery...it was so good to see you again!
6. The beautiful Marc Chagall prints at the Campus Center gallery.
7. Driving my car again!
8. Getting to see a ton of people that I miss dearly....even you Posty!

It really was a great weekend. But it is also really good to be back. Coming back to Chicago felt really good, even though it sucks leaving everyone again, and not knowing when I'll be back in SC again. I feel like right now I belong in Chicago. As much as my mom doesn't want to hear it, it's true.

No comments: