Friday, July 28, 2006

meh

Yesterday after work I went to the Art Institute to hear a lecture about Harry Callahan. There is also currently an exhibit of his work there. An Archive of his work actually. Meaning not just photos, but his negatives, contact sheets, and notes. Seeing the inner workings of an artist makes their work a little easier to grasp. especially being able to see how they worked. Pretty inspirational. The lecture was good too. Harry Callahan was just a normal guy who loved to take pictures, and he is now considered one of the most influential photographers of the 20th century. He was heavily based in the Chicago area, so many of his photographs are set in familiar locations.

I'm going to try to go to more of those lecture at the art institute. They're free and I enjoy them, so I really have no reason not to go.

Well, tomorrow I'm off to Michigan City. I've never been there and have no idea what to expect. But it's a work party at the beach, so I'm hoping it's fun. I like all the people I work with so it should be entertaining to say the least. I'm considering it my summer vacation. I know, it's pretty pathetic to consider a work party a vacation, but it's decently far away so it qualifies in my book. My co worker is picking me up at noon tomorrow and we should have an entertaining drive down there. She's a crazy lady and really funny. Hopefully we make it there ok. She told me that her horoscope predicted that she would have problems with driving directions. Let's hope that's not the case. I certainly don't know how to get to Michigan City.

No comments: