Monday, July 24, 2006

wake up slow

For the first time in almost 2 months, I won't have to sleep on an air mattress tonight. That's right, I finally bought a futon and it was delivered today! cheers to that! though I had to pay an extra $40 for delivery and it didn't even come assembled. But that doesn't matter now, because Rachel, bless her heart, helped me assemble the thing. It wasn't easy either. First of all they forgot to include the instructions in the box, so I had to go back to the store to get an extra copy. The instructions consisted of 3 steps in small black type with a small, cluttered illustration. Oh, and the parts they listed didn't match up to the labels on the illustrations. It was a bit ridiculous.

Speaking of Rachel, it was her birthday on Saturday. And we had a great time celebrating it on Friday night, it was a late night, but super fun. Went to the lake front on Saturday afternoon and Sunday...got a bit too much sun, which I'm still regretting. But it was such beautiful weather and I couldn't not be outside. Sunday morning I met a bunch of people at church. Some had been in the Chicago Semester program recently, some were even from Northwestern in Orange City! It was nice to finally be able to talk to someone who knew what a Dordt College was, or even what a Sioux Center is. Tomorrow night they're hanging out and they invited me as a "20-somethings" group through church. All-in-all this was a really busy, really fun weekend. Rebecca Slagter (Groenendyk) came downtown on Sunday night, so I got to see her again too. I miss her, and she's going to be moving to Florida in January! I know it's a ways away, but still...Florida! Might be a good time of the year to visit her....:)

Not sure what else is new. I made myself banana pancakes for dinner tonight. It was a new experience for me, and truthfully I have Jack Johnson to thank for the inspiration. Thanks, Jack. They were delicious.

No comments: