Thursday, November 23, 2006

this feeling I'm feeling?...It's thankfulness.

Even though I'm miles from home, miles from my family and friends, and miles from everything I'm used to about Thanksgiving, I haven't forgotten what today, this holiday, is all about. I'm probably more aware of everything I'm thankful for this year than I have ever been. This year was definitely a first for me. Pretty sure it's the first of my 22 years that I haven't spent thanksgiving gathering with family over a massive buffet dinner. Instead, I spent the morning at the Thanksgiving Day parade on State Street which was really exciting for me. It's good to know people, because they can get you VIP seats in the bleachers right across the street from the ABC news camera :)
Then Becca's family was kind enough to invite me to join them for thanksgiving dinner. I have much to be thankful for this thanksgiving, but I can't help but look forward to Christmas, when I get to go home! I have A LOT of shopping to do before then :S

No comments: