Friday, April 18, 2008

earthquake in the midwest?

yes. illinois had an earthquake. and I felt it at 4:30 this morning. But at the time, since I was sleeping, I couldn't coherently figure out what it was. I seriously thought it was just extremely strong winds that was making my 4 story, solid stone apartment structure shake. Yes, wind. Hey, who woulda EVER thought Chicago would have an earthquake? ?? We are the windy city after all, and I was sleeping....

anyway, my mom called me this morning and asked me if I felt the earthquake and immediately i remembered the strong "winds" and kinda freaked out. that was SO crazy.

Apparently I'm really sensitive because only 1 other coworker felt the earthquake and only 3 people felt the aftershock at work, even though, while it was happening, I was like "OH my GOSH, do you guys FEEL that??"

It's quite a weird sensation and it actually made me feel woozy and nausous. Besides those physical side effects, I'm having some mental side effects as well. It's kinda scary and foreboding. Kinda like the way I felt when Heath Ledger died*. Like, "wow, I didn't see that one coming....i wonder what other unsuspecting, earth shattering (sorry for the pun) events are coming our way.

*I'm not obsessed with Heath Ledger in anyway. I was just beyond shocked that he would overdose. He seemed like such a clean cut nice guy. Just goes to show that people can put up fronts and you never really know what could be going on under the surface.

No comments: