Wednesday, April 23, 2008

King Corn



This trailer for King Corn hits pretty close to home. I grew up on a farm in Northwest Iowa where we grew acres and acres of corn. Since the countryside was saturated with them, cornfields were just a part of the scenery to me...something I rarely noticed or even thought about, not to mention worrying about where the corn actually went or what it was used for after combining it every fall and taking it to town every spring.

I'm definitely renting this movie and following it up by reading The Omnivore's Dilemma by Michael Pollan. A book that I hear will change the way you think about food, much like the way Fast Food Nation and Supersize Me did.

If you've seen King Corn or read The Omnivore's Dilemma, I'd love to hear your thoughts.

2 comments:

Becca said...

I need to revolutionize the way I look at food. Can I watch this with you? And maybe borrow your books?

Sarah said...

crap...another reason why people will hate iowa-ppl at seminary give me a hard enough time that i'm from there. but i'm really interested in seeing the movie...