Wednesday, August 30, 2006

Forever young

I had an interview today...to be a babysitter! I'm kind of excited about the possibility. I met the baby tonight and she's such a sweetie, just 13 months old, and so adorbable! Hopefully the parents think I'm a good candidate cause it'd be a good way to earn some spending money. Plus the family has digital cable and nice house...nice little perk. Never had a babysitting interview before.

On the other end of the age spectrum, I've also been paired with an elderly lady from my church to visit and call once a month or so. I just found out today, so I haven't had a chance to talk with her yet, but the senior center coordinator said she is super excited for me to come visit her. I'm pretty excited too.

Even though I love my neighborhood with so many young adults around, I kinda miss the 'family environment' I had at home. I think that's why I'm trying to get involved with a variety of things. Diversity is good.

1 comment:

Rob Haan said...

I just went to shoot some photos of your sculpture, but the area is totally roped off... I think they just planted grass... I'll get some shots as soon as i can though...

that's awesome that you got to see third eye blind... roughly an hour before i read your post I listed to the entire album "out of the vein"... and then i saw your blog... and you were talking about them... weird...

I really like that album though... it's good.