Wednesday, August 16, 2006

semi-charmed life

I've painted an extreemly rosey picture of my life here in Chicago thus far, but I must admit, I've had my share of home-sickness. Don't get me wrong, I still LOVE the city. I still LOVE my job (99% of the time) and I LOVE being on my own. But the past couple days have been pretty rough on me, as some of you have experienced first hand...I miss my family a lot. i miss my friends back home a lot. and I often struggle with my decision to move so far from my mom and my dad....both of whom I miss and wish I could be around more to support.

Thankfully I have a couple of amazing friends who've lended me their ears so that I could verbally dump out a lot of what I've been holding in the past few months.

I feel a little better today. Still not the greatest, but I'll survive.

If any of you have some favorite bible passages that may help me cope with my homesickness, or with my struggle to understand God's plan for why I am where I am....let me know.

1 comment:

Rachel said...

Love you Sarah! And I, for one, am glad you moved to Chicago! (forget the fact that I'm leaving you in a month!).

Want to go running tonight?