Sunday, September 17, 2006

9.18.06

Here we are at the start of yet another september week, over halfway through the month, three fourths through the year and, as always, looking to the future (I saw christmas decorations for sale today). Crazy!....It's not even October.

Anyway, a little recap on the weekend: Jill and Joe were here to visit. They just left, and again, I'm alone in my apartment left to replay the weekend's events. We had a great time. We did a lot of catching up on each other's lives, hanging out, being tourists, and checking out different restaurants and bars. Of course, having a great time means that the 'goodbyes' were difficult. But I can honestly say that this was a very enjoyable weekend. The weekend's funniest moment: Jill dumping her corona on her chip at the mexican restaurant because she thought it was the salt shaker, and the look on her face when Joe and I saw what she had done... :) My second favorite part was when Joe (MacGuiver) broke open the gate so that we could go sit on my roof and drink beer with the chicago night skyline before us. It was so peaceful being up there, with the tops of the trees and the glow of the city lights, and being above the noise and motion of the city.

I feel rested up, ready for a week of work, and can't WAIT for next weekend when I get to go home! (here I go again....looking to the future!)

1 comment:

Kunnari said...

Sioux Center? STop by the Bean.