Tuesday, September 26, 2006

back from the country

I'm still absorbing and processing everything that's happened this past weekend. It was busy, fun and exhausting all at the same time and today at work I was struggling to stay awake.

I had mixed feelings about coming back to Chicago. On one hand I was excited and ready to get back to work. (I REALLY love my job) and I really love Chicago. But on the other hand, it was really hard to leave home. There are so many people that I miss back home and especially after the intense 'family- and friend- bonding' weekend, saying goodbye was tough. What was really cool about going home and meeting up with all my friends and family was how easy it was to pick up right where we left off. It wasn't akward in any way which was so great. I hadn't been home in 2.5 months and I won't again until Christmas....a mere 3 months away. It all seems very managable.

I got a haircut when I was home. Chopped the back off. I hated it at first, but today I like it. Funny how that is. Today I tried to get a new cell phone at a verizon wireless store, walked in and a guy greeted me. He asked me what he could help me with so I told him I'm considering switching to verizon and that I need a new phone. He told me someone would be with me shortly, and if I wanted to I could start looking at the phones they have. So I did. For 15 minutes. No one came to help me. It made me mad so I just left. I don't think I'll switch to Verizon anymore. The greeter-man was still just hanging out by the door when I left.

I really gotta stop wearing my 'invisible' lotion.

No comments: