Tuesday, September 5, 2006

I can't remember who I was myself then. where does time go?

I just had a fabulous conversation-laden evening with Jen at a little coffee house called the Fixx. Conversation topics included roller coasters, hornets, first jobs, friends, long lunch breaks, college reminiscing and transvestites. Take from that whatever you wish. I had a great time. I don't get to see you enough, Jen. It's a shame.

I might be visiting sioux center at the end of this month! It's my cousin's wedding and my grandma's 94th birthday on the same weekend, a perfect opportunity to head home for a long weekend. I REALLY hope i can work it out with my work schedule, I miss seeing my family and friends back home.

I had such a good day at work today. I think it's because the long, somewhat boring weekend left me ready for some social interaction and some serious work to do. I brought along a couple dozen of my homemade cookies to share with my co-workers, and I think they were a big hit.

Another thing that made my day so good today was that I got to do some serious designing. A lot of my job is normally considered 'production.' I have a standard, set design that I have to re-create or implement over and over. But today was different. I'm working on five, 17 foot tall graphic banner type things. They're pretty massive and they're turning out great. Ya'll better take a trip to Chicago in March when the exhibit opens so you can see them. But if you don't make it in March, that's ok, the exhibit is permanent so in 15 years you will still be able to see it...you can even take your kids, (or grandkids for some of you) by that time!

Jen and I were talking tonight about how much we both love love LOVE our first jobs right outta college. I know that's definitely not the case for a lot of people, so I consider myself very fortunate.

I'm off to bed....hopefully i can sleep tonight after that GIANT coffee I had tonight :S

1 comment:

Sarah said...

I can't wait to see it...let me know when a good time for you so I can visit...could I also get your autograph? Miss you tons!