Saturday, September 30, 2006

absolute whirlwind

Things have been happening. A lot of things.

Since going home to Iowa this past weekend, I've somehow managed to catch up on sleep. I'm not sure how, considering everything that's been happening lately, but I feel somewhat rested. I flew back to chicago on Monday evening. Went to work on Tuesday to a full 'to-do' list and tried to catch up on my tasks. I went to bed early on Tuesday night cuz I was so tired. Wednesday proved to be an equally busy day at work, though my a few co-workers and I went to a paper show in the evening. I had never been to a paper show before....ever. And even though my co-workers lovingly warned me what to expect, I was still incredibly overwhelmed by the paper industry. It was an a great experience plus I got a TON of cool paper samples.

Thursday was yet another busy day at work. I can't begin to explain the process of designing an exhibit. I've only been on this project for the last four months, but it's incredible the amount of work it takes to put an exhibit this large together. I'm trying to meet deadlines, which is a first for me. Not that I never meet my deadlines, but I've just never had deadlines like these before.

Thursday night, Rachel stayed over. She was in the process of packing up all her earthly belongings so the lovely movers could come pick it all up Friday afternoon. It was great to spend a little more time with her. Jen, Becky and Chris joined Rachel and I for dinner at Caesar's Friday night (home of the "Killer Margaritas").

Today however, was by far the craziest day of the week for me. I 'accompanied' Rachel to the airport this morning and we left at 5:30am. Saying goodbye was tough. I honestly didn't expect myself to get so emotional, but saying goodbye was really hard. She's been my best friend in the city and I really hate to see her go....but nonetheless, I still wish her the best in Seattle.

After the airport, I took an hour and a half long nap. It was great. I then went to work...on a Saturday, I know. Crazy. Deadlines I tell ya, they'll getcha. Then this evening I went to my co-worker's condo to help her get ready for a spaghetti party she was throwing. It was great fun. A lot of work making sure there was a constant supply of pasta ready, but fun nonetheless.

I'm tired now. I wasn't tired when I started writing this blog, but now I am. i guess that's a sign that this post is far to long. I apologize.

No comments: