Thursday, October 26, 2006

total freak out...what have I become??

I finally buckled down tonight and committed to doing my laundry. I really hate doing laundry at my apartment because there are only 3 washers and 3 dryers. It's pretty cut-throat competition to get there after work and actually get a machine.

So, tonight after work, I rushed home hoping that I'd beat the post-work laundry night rush. (It was raining really bad and the bottoms of my jeans were drenched up to my knees...ugh!) When I got to my apartment, I quickly gathered and sorted all my clothes and set out. Just as I walked out my door, I heard the elevator door close. I got the slightly paniced feeling that someone was just ahead of me and heading for the laundry room. I ran down the steps as fast as possible with a laundry bag full of towels and jeans, but it wasn't fast enough. She beat me. She beat me! The worst part was, the laundry room was completely empty. Not a single machine was being used and you know what she said? "You're gunna have to get in line, cuz I'm going to use all three of these washers."

I don't know how I would've reacted if she had been a little more polite, but I did not take this very well. I said in a very sarcastic voice, "yeah, right. You couldn't even let me use one of those washers?"

She went into all this baloney about how she hasn't done laundry in a really long time and she NEEDS all three machines. I was like...whatever. I scoffed, packed up my stuff and took it all the way back up to the 4th floor (I rigged the elevator so she couldn't used it too).

It took me a while, but of course, my conscious got the best of me and I felt very stupid about the way I acted...like a child! A half hour later, I figured she'd be done with the washers so I tried it again. She was in there when I got there so I apologized for the way I acted. She said it was not big deal, but she never apologized for not sharing the washers. She just complained about how much she hates this building, the tenants, and the landlord (I'm not a big fan of the landlord either). But this lady was still very rude-spirited. I don't know how else to put it. Some people I can deal with, but if they're still rude even after I apologize, it makes me wonder why I should have to put up with that....

No comments: